cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP System Management Home Page 403 Forbidden

Robert_Boyd
Respected Contributor

HP System Management Home Page 403 Forbidden

I just installed the Proliant Support Pack 7.91 on a RHEL4 Linux server and tried to fire up the web page at https://localhost:2381. The error message is:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I tried putting SELinux into permissive mode, and stopping IPtables without any change. I've tried reading various documents about HP SMH install & config without finding anything that has helped so far.

Where should I look to find what is causing this problem?

Thanks for any pointers at all!

Robert
Master you were right about 1 thing -- the negotiations were SHORT!
3 REPLIES
Don Vanco - Linux Ninja
Regular Advisor

Re: HP System Management Home Page 403 Forbidden

What access restrictions did you but in the config data when installing the PSP? 403 is a perms issue.

Have you tried access from outside the server itself?

Have you tried using the IP and/or hostname? Do you diddle the content of /etc/hosts on your installs such that localhost is no longer "correct"??

DV-LN
Robert_Boyd
Respected Contributor

I checked and the 127.0.0.1 entry was there in /etc/hosts. I separated the hostname to a separate entry in the hosts file with its actual ip address. Also I re-installed the whole PSP which cleaned out the previous config entries I made.

I entered the config entries again and after that the whole thing started working. It's unclear which thing actually made it work. It may be that the re-install was the crucial piece.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Robert
Robert_Boyd
Respected Contributor

If major patches have been applied to the system you may need to re-install the PSP.