cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP-UX 11i V3 Displaying real memory usage for a process

Fred.B
Advisor

HP-UX 11i V3 Displaying real memory usage for a process

I am trying to find the actual amount of memory that a process is using.  I have a memory monitor built into an application that shows memory that is reserved and what is actually in use at the time in a live display, and I can run the statistics and get a report to get the same information, but it is a 3 page report everytime it updates (I have it set for 30 minutes) and I only need 2 numbers from the entire report.  So what I am trying to find is something that will give me the numbers I want so that I can pipe it to a file to be put into an spreadsheet later without having to dig thru 3 pages for each half hour of the day to find 2 numbers.  I have searched the internet, and tried several commands that I have found but none of them are showing the numbers that the application is showing.  For instance when I do the top command it does not show me anything close to what the memory monitor is saying is being used.  Any ideas on a better command to accomplish this or switches that would display the correct info at the Unix prompt? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Teenasweet
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP-UX 11i V3 Displaying real memory usage for a process

hi,

Proper place for your issue is,

HP-UX > system administration" in IT Resource Center forums area.

The link is:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=156

As threads can not be moved from here to there,pls ask again there.

Thanks.

Error installing HP-UX
Occasional Visitor

todos los links que enlazan a foros antiguos no sirven.

David Cardeñosa
Occasional Visitor

Maybe with the 'ps -el' the size colum show the actual memory used by the process.

With the 'ps -ef -o pid,user,vsz,sz,cmd' also you got the memory information with less colums.

David