4101 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP-UX 11i Version 3 installation problem at rx2620

LinuxLover_1
Occasional Contributor

HP-UX 11i Version 3 installation problem at rx2620

Hello,
I am new to HP-UX and going to install HP-UX 11i Version 3(B.11.31) on rx2620 system, but so unable to install it.

I have 1GB ram in system, initially installation starts successful,I select option Media DVD ,
system proceeds normally, then a Warning messages related to memory appears

Checking configuration for consistency тАж.

WARNING: System does not contain the minimal amount of memory need for install or recovery.Ignite-ux requires 1400MB of available memory for the тАЬB.11.31тАЭ release.This system has only 1013MB available for use.This install or recovery mode may not complete, and it may take extra ordinary amount of time to complete.

Then system stop at the following stage

Analysis summary:
-Reboot needed: Yes
Kernel build need: Yes
Number of check script run:58(12 excluded 0 failed)
-Install: 96 bundles 1387 file set

Here just cursor blinks

I kept system on for hours in this condition but no further movement from this point.

How could I accomplish this installation , I have only 1GB of Ram.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: HP-UX 11i Version 3 installation problem at rx2620

I suspect you can't. Minimum hardware requirements listed in the QS are for 2GB of RAM:

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12079_div/12079_div.HTML#Hardware%20Requirements

The original Installation guide for the Feb 2007 release of 11.31 listed 1GB as sufficient for the Foundation OE only, but the latest install guide for the Sep 2008 release inidicates an absolute minimum of 1.5GB.

What is the date on your DVD? Which release and Opertaing Environment are you trying to
install.

With 1GB I'd imagine even if you can get it installed, you won't be able to do anything with it... get some more memory.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
AwadheshPandey
Honored Contributor

http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-3364/ch02s01.html
it clearly says 1.5 GB memory, minimum

Cheers,

Awadhesh
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
sreekanthtm
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Better ask your management to arrange 1GB memmory. Because even if you complete the installation, you would be struggling due to system performance.

Rgds
Sreekanth