5533 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP-UX IPSec Software

Sanjay Tailor
Frequent Advisor

HP-UX IPSec Software

Hello all,

I am looking to setup some sort of secure IP communication betweeen one box ( for now ) to a set of Citrix boxes in a DMZ. The rest of the IP communications can be "open."

I have read the manual for IPSec and think that this software might solve our requirement.

For those of you that have this product installed, are there any pitfalls and issues I should look out for before, during and after the installation of IPSec. Can anyone let me know where I can download the IPSec software for HP-UX.

Is there any other product that might be better suited for this purpose.
Any suggestions / help would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Sanjay.
2 REPLIES 2
Rainer von Bongartz
Honored Contributor

Re: HP-UX IPSec Software

You can download it from:

http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=J4256AA

IPSec is very suited for what you want to accomplish.

It's easy to install but not so easy to configure.

Pay attention when you first configure it. Due to an error I locked out a whole machine from the network

Regards
Rainer
He's a real UNIX Man, sitting in his UNIX LAN making all his UNIX plans for nobody ...
Sanjay Tailor
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP-UX IPSec Software

Hello,

Does / Will the machine automatically turn on IPSec once the machine is rebooted from the install? I do not want to have it turned on at reboot and find it is not letting anyone in. From what I have read, you have to set the policies then turn it on. Also, we have to set it to turn on automatically at startup. Is that right?

Thanks,

Sanjay.