Operating System - HP-UX
1745825 Members
3969 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP-UX : Problem to install Piece.pm

jerome meyer

HP-UX : Problem to install Piece.pm

I've download to tar file from CPAN.org, then the Makefile.pl without problem.
But it stopped with the make and i really don't know where are the problems.
Are someone idea about that's stuff???

# make
cp Seconds.pm blib/lib/Time/Seconds.pm
cp Piece.pm blib/lib/Time/Piece.pm
/opt/perl5/bin/perl /opt/perl5/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap /opt/perl5/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/typemap Piece.xs > Piece.xsc && mv Piece.xsc Piece.c
cc -c -Ae -D_HPUX_SOURCE -Wl,+vnocompatwarnings +DD64 +DA2.0W -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DVERSION=\"1.16\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.16\" +Z "-I/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.0/LP64-LP64/CORE" Piece.c
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -A option is available only with the C/ANSI C product; ignored.
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The +Z option is available only with the C/ANSI C product; ignored.
cpp: "/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.0/LP64-LP64/CORE/perlio.h", line 107: error 4065: Recursion in macro "PerlIO".
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Thanks in advance,
jmm
4 REPLIES 4
Keith Bryson
Honored Contributor

Re: HP-UX : Problem to install Piece.pm

I suppose the obvious question is do you have a C/ANSI compiler installed? I think the standard compiler is pretty basic and you could do with the additional (licenced) compiler. B3901BA is the LTU part number.

Maybe someone else who's clued-up with C/ANSI compilers could throw something in here?

Hope that helps - Keith
Arse-cover at all costs
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

Your Perl was built with the HP-UX Ansi C compiler and it attempts to use that to compile modules requiring compilation.

The messsage, "(Bundled)cc:...is available only with the C/ANSI C product..." is telling you that you only have the free "bundled" compiler intended for trivial code.

Your best option may be to purchase the HP ANSI C/acc compiler or to install the GNU C-compiler and a version of Perl built from it. Then, you will be able to add modules that require compilation.

Regards!

...JRF...
jerome meyer

Thanks for your help...
I'll install the GNU C and trying again!
Regards
jmm
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi (again):

> I'll install the GNU C and trying again!

If you are going to install the GNC compiler with the objective that you want to compile additional Perl modules you need a Perl that was built with the GNU compiler. Merijn's site offers both the Perl and the compiler:

http://mirrors.develooper.com/hpux/

Regards!

...JRF...