1753717 Members
4288 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP UX V 8.0

alex sandro neves
Occasional Advisor

HP UX V 8.0

My friends good night, I need very urgently dowload HP UX 8.0 V, I'm not able to find for download.
27 REPLIES 27
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

As far as I know you will NOT find it.

HP-UX version 8.0 has been OUT OF SUPPORT for a VERY LONG TIME (maybe 20 years??).

Only recently has HP started making some versions of HP-UX available, but those are only the most current SUPPORTED versions.
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

You ARE joking, aren't you?
HP-UX 8.x was releaed way back around 1990 or something like that. It has been out of support for more than a deacde!.
And there has never been a downloadable version of HP-UX
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
alex sandro neves
Occasional Advisor

My friends, unfortunately I'm not kidding, here in Brazil we have a device that runs on HP UX 8.0,
I ask you this software or impossible.
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Unless you are lucky and find someone with the install media, which was probably tapes, **MAYBE** CDs, I would say: impossible.
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

The problem you face is that it simply isn't available "for download" and never was.

HP-UX 8.0 was out of support by the time I first saw an HP-UX box (1995 - 9.02).

Whatever is running on that box, it should have been replaced several times over by now, in order to be on supported hardware and a supported OS.

I fear you are now tragically out of luck, and whatever issue you are facing that requires this, you will not be able to recover from
alex sandro neves
Occasional Advisor

My friends, thank you for any information, as I said I lay in Unix, by my understanding will be impossible to get this system.!

Again thank you for any information.
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

HP-UX 8.0 1991
OpenVMS 8.0 2003

You sure you don't mean VMS?
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

> OpenVMS 8.0 2003