6254 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP UX V 8.0

Florian Heigl (new acc)
Honored Contributor

Hey,

you might find NetBSD a well suited current OS for the kind of hardware anything that 8.x actually worked on.
yesterday I stood at the edge. Today I'm one step ahead.
alex sandro neves
Occasional Advisor

My friend, yes I need the HP UX V. 8.0, model 1991, Infelizment reaching the conclusion that was not found.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>we have a device that runs on HP-UX 8.0,

What type of computer was this?
If not a computer per se, perhaps Agilent may know?
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

Honestly, I doubt anyone will be able to help you getting 8.0.

If you're talking here about an old workstation that runs a manufacturing device on the shop floor, better call its vendor, assuming they're still there, to get an upgrade done.

Olivier
alex sandro neves
Occasional Advisor

Dennis Handly

Good afternoon, you can give more informations about this device
alex sandro neves
Occasional Advisor

Olivier Masse

My friend, good afternoon, my need would be for the factory floor, put the manufacturer in Germany do not provide more guarantees or support.
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

"My friend, good afternoon, my need would be for the factory floor, put the manufacturer in Germany do not provide more guarantees or support."

yeah, but do they have a modern (comparable) replacement)?

At this point, you're going to need new hardware AND software. You're not talking about support....you need to replace it with something that will do the same job.
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

I mean really, this is not the kind of thing that you ignore and forget about for two decades. Wake up ten years later like Rumplestilskin and freak out because the whole world is different, and your still living on a 8 bit Motorola CPU.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>you can give more informations about this device?

I was asking you what the device was.
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

hmm....sounds like it *might* be some kind of Seimen's controller, running on 705/710/720...which would make it 8.05 and very early PA-RISC.

in any event, you might see if the OEM makes a replacement / upgrade controller. If you can't find a replacement, you could wind up replacing not on the controller, but potentially whatever it *controlled* as well.