7049 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP-UX hp_9000 A.09.04 E 9000/817

ManuSiGA
Occasional Contributor

HP-UX hp_9000 A.09.04 E 9000/817

Hello everyone,

I had to rescue the old HP9000 server from the closet, I have never seen this system ...
I have been able to enter as root.
The problem is that previous users entered, put their username and the application appeared ...
Now it doesn't happen, the problem is that I don't know where to start,
somebody could help me?
If I enter as a user or I put the name of user, it enters but after loading ... strange characters appear, I have tried to enter with different emultaros like qcterm, putty,MobaXterm.... and always the same, 
How could I know which application was there? How can I run it as root?
Thank you very much.

https://ibb.co/98Z8yMh
https://ibb.co/8zfTn8h

3 REPLIES 3

First step would be to find out what login shell the user marta is using so you can figure out which login scripts are used. SO the output of 

grep marta /etc/passwd

would be useful... 

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
KishJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

What you described, it appears that user's profile had certain application/interfaces that would get launched as soon as they login. Such things are configured and placed in the respective user's home directory found in /home. 

You may have to either copy the contents each user's-home-directory (this requires other config/sw is available on this server as well) or configure afresh. 

If you'd like the same config/setup for root also, then copy(or configure) the same content to root-home-directory as well. 

Hope it helps. Please let us know if you need more help. 

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

KishJ
HPE Pro

Greetings,

Hope the suggestions were helpful, kindly keep us informed.

If no more help is need you may close the thread.

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo