New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP-UX installation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Finis Conner
Advisor

HP-UX installation

Hello all,

I've rp5470 and rp7400 servers, with HP-UX installed (it seems not 100% OK), and would like to be able to reinstall the OS. As I get the machines at an auction very cheap (there are four rp5470 and four rp7400, all ones for u$s200 aprox), the original CDs are missing. I would like to know if can obtain the CDs from HP for a low price. I don't know how it works the licence system, but may be the actual installations give me some kind of password?

Cheers and thank you in advance for your response.
Happy New Year!
5 REPLIES 5
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

i think, you need to purchase the HP-UX ( installation media ) with the HP-UX EO license.

mikap
Finis Conner
Advisor

Hello Michael, thank you for your reponse. What means EO licence? May be cheaper? I've heard that HP could give me the installation for free, under certain circumnstances. The servers I bought, have already HPUX installed, but I want to be sure I can reinstall them before start working on it (writing Fortran software); because if corrupted, all my work will be useless. Spend thousands of dollars for the OS is impossible for me, because I'm not using them for profit, and they eat so much power!
Thanks!
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

Hello Michael, thank you for your reponse. What means EO licence? May be cheaper? I've heard that HP could give me the installation for free, under certain circumnstances. The servers I bought, have already HPUX installed, but I want to be sure I can reinstall them before start working on it (writing Fortran software); because if corrupted, all my work will be useless. Spend thousands of dollars for the OS is impossible for me, because I'm not using them for profit, and they eat so much power!
Thanks!

- sorry i made a mistake it was OE = Operating Environment

- if you are get the server from some shop, you need to check if you buy also the license

- just now if you like to download the patches from ITRC, you need to have a linked support contract to your ITRC account.

- in this case i would recommend you to ask directly HP, if the can provide the HP-UX installation media for free. Maybe they have some grant for non-profit project.

mikap
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

Hi Finis,
give me your email address.
Regards,
Zygmunt
Finis Conner
Advisor

Zygmunt, my e-mail address is st15150w@gmail.com Thank you!
Cheers.