1752701 Members
5562 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP UX server via ssh

edandet

HP UX server via ssh

Hi,

im using a windows vista to access my hp ux server via ssh,can anyone tell me how could i access my HP ux server trough ssh, what sw i need,
16 REPLIES 16
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Simple tool is putty to access the server via putty.

You can download putty from internet.
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

Try putty. It is free and a very good ssh terminal for any unix platform including hpux.

It can be downloaded here:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

Hi,

There are many links available to download putty software. one is

http://www.putty.org/
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
Sharma Sanjeev
Respected Contributor

Hi

As suggested above Putty is simple

Regards
Sanjeev
Everything is Possible as " IMPOSSIBLE" word itself says I M POSSIBLE
Roopesh Francis_1
Trusted Contributor

putty is the simple tool however you can use SSh tectia Client also
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

In reference to last post, tectia's implementation of ssh is a little bit off when it comes to key based authentication. One of our business partners in the past (this is a hear-say not my personal experience) used an ssh client of some sort with tectia name attached to it, and the public-private key structure is not what was expected from a open source ssh implementation. This kept an ex-colleague scratching his head for a couple of months until somebody said they were not using open source implementation but instead tectia branded ssh.

To make the story short, PuTTY is the most widely used ssh client as far as I know and its features are impressive for an absolutely free to use in any way-shape or form software. If you have any problems, you will be able to get help quicker than any other ssh client.

Yes it lacks certain features like auto-logins (a.k.a. macros) and some other stuff maybe but among all other ssh clients I have used so far, open source and paid, I would not exchange PuTTY to any one of them. Last but not the least, no, I am not getting paid by Simon Tatham, author of PuTTY, or have relation to any entity profiting from this piece of software. These are all my personal, 2 cents worth, OPINION...

I agree with what Mel said. When we (finally) started looking a ssh / sshd, tectia's name came up. it can (at least now) use OPENssh-style keys, but it requires additional configuration to do it.

what tectia wants is for you to use their client and server. when implemented that way they integrate a bunch of other stuff as well, such as RSA SecureId for two-factor authentication.

if you're running the open source sshd on the server, PuTTY is the simple to get, set up and generally to configure........

just my 2 cents
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

A biased answer? Dump the windoze and run Linux on your desktop. Comes with SSH installed.

Tingli
Esteemed Contributor

Advantage of Putty is that it is free, and no need to worry about moving to a different company as it can be downloaded anywhere.

The problem with Linux is that company provides Windows only for desk top.