1753907 Members
8505 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Visualize b132L Workstation

Emilio-del
Occasional Visitor

HP Visualize b132L Workstation

I have a computer with  the HDD damaged need to change the hdd  but I need to record a backup from a tape but the copyutil application does not recognize it, what I need to do so that the application recognizes it?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: HP Visualize b132L Workstation

Wow copyutil - talk about ancient history! The 'copyutil' command was originally distributed as an aid, not a backup application. It was originally designed for field engineer use, and was never intented to be used as a full-blown customer  backup application.  Not only that but I suspect it is way out of support anyway... That said, maybe a little more information might help - what type of tape drive do you have and how is it attached to the B132L workstation? Has this ever worked in the past?

Do you have no other mechanism to recover? WHat efsrion of HP-UX was on the system?

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Flavio2

Re: HP Visualize b132L Workstation

I have the b132L hooked to a Rigaku diffractometr and it was working fine until last week. Now it seems that the two RS232 ports used to communicate with the Rigaku are dead. Is there a simple test to verify if the serial ports are OK? If they are bad the problem will be restricted to the computer and I will probably need to find another motherborad. Thanks for any suggestions.