5198 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ux server shutdown automatically

Harikrishnan L
Frequent Advisor

HP ux server shutdown automatically

Hi Folkes,

I am using 11.23 hp ux server. The server is down do the high utilization. while is try to start the server is getting load with single user mode. while i changing to multi user mode the server getting shutdown automatically. Kindly find the screen short for the error

Thanks,

Hari
5 REPLIES 5
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

There is no screenshot attached???

MK
MK
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Hi

I'm very confused by your description. Please copy and paste in any problems / errors from syslog.log, console screen, /etc/tombstones, /etc/shutdownlog, GSP Event Logs, /etc/opt/resmon/log/* files, etc.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

I think you are seeing a kernel panic (system crash). The server never shutdown automatically due to high utilization. A more likely cause is that a disk has failed (which will prevent booting into single user mode). You will need to capture the console messages to figure out the problem. And since there 2dozens of models of HP servers that run 11.23, you'll need to provide the model number.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi Hari,

Most probably a crash!!!
Let us know the model number, error message.

Better to contact HP!

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>server getting shutdown automatically.

Some more precise terminology. Servers don't usually shutdown automatically, they shutdown unexpectedly (crash) but then reboot automatically.