108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPACUCLI Hanging when creating logical drives

SOLVED
Go to solution
bikerben
Occasional Contributor

HPACUCLI Hanging when creating logical drives

I have a HP Proliant DL380 G4 running open OpenSUSE 11.4  on one 36GB drive.  I have the hpacucli installed but  I can not remember the version but I shall update tomorrow, now you know a little about my setup I shall start to explain the problem I'm having:

I'm have set up a bash script which will quite simply run hpacucli 5 times one each of my free hard drive bays while obviously leaving drive=1:0 alone since its my os drive.. the script looks like this:

#bin/bash
hpacucli ctrl slot=0 create type=ld drives=1:1 raid=0
hpacucli ctrl slot=0 create type=ld drives=1:2 raid=0
hpacucli ctrl slot=0 create type=ld drives=1:3 raid=0
hpacusli ctrl slot=0 create type=ld drives=1:4 raid=0
hpacucli ctrl slot=0 create type=ld drives=1:5 raid=0

What is happening when the script is run is that the first line is executed and successfully creates my logical drive as requested but then hpacucli hangs and is kept running in an uninterruptible state which I can not seem to kill unless I reboot.

Is there a bug fix for this?

Am I using the correct version of hpacucli?

Am I going about scripting the the wrong way?

Any input would be greatly appreciated since I've now hit brick wall with this since I can not find any other solution on the internet not through want or trying.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
bikerben
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Just a further thought... Will I need SUSE Enterprise Server to utilise HPACUCLI instead of OpenSUSE?

Naj
Valued Contributor

HI,

I was facing and could say 'same situation' where is when perform command hpacucli it was giving error and hang without any response.. finally after update firmware for disk, it working fine now.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Naj,

Thank you for your sugesion but I updated all my firmware yesterday with the HP Firmware Maintence CD 8.7 but to no avail. I've begun to download SUSE Enterprise Server with the hope that this will fix my problem. I shall keep you posted on my progress.

bikerben
Occasional Contributor

Just to keep you updated my solution was to upgrade to SLES rather than use OpenSUSE. HPACUCLI now runs as it should. :)

Naj
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I happy to hear that's working well

BR
Naj