108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPUX 11.0: Installing sudo-1.6.7p5-sd-11.00.depot Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I did not give the full path to the INFO file: it is ./catalog/sudo/sudo-RUN/INFO once you cd into the depot structure for sudo. There are 13 occurences of owner and group that must be chaecked/fixed.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
LG Porter
Frequent Advisor

Hi Bill

When I download the sudo package (sudo-1.6.7p5-sd-11.00.depot.gz) from the software porting centre, and execute gunzip on the file, what remains is the sudo-1.6.7p5-sd-11.00.depot file. Where is the INFO file?(please forgive me if I'm slow to pick up) Is there another action that I need to perform on the "depot" file in order to get to the INFO file?
It appears that there is several changes to this version of "sudo" over the previous versions.....Thanks
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I assumed that after you downloaded the sudo package that you used swcopy to unpack the package into a depot for all your systems to use. This isn't normally necesary if you're just installing the package locally but in order to edit the INFO file, you'll need to create a depot with swcopy. Here's the steps:

umask 022
mkdir -p /var/tmp/depots/sudo
swcopy -s /tmp/sudo-unpacked.depot \* @ /var/tmp/depots/sudo

Now you can cd into /var/tmp/depots/sudo and you'll see directories: catalog sudo. So do this:

cd /var/tmp/depots/sudo/catalog/sudo/sudo-RUN
vi INFO
..change all the owner and group lines from 0 to root

Now you un-install the current sudo: swremove sudo then install sudo with:

swinstall -s /var/tmp/depots/sudo \*

And it should work fine.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin