HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPUX version

alniz
Occasional Contributor

HPUX version

New to HPUX. I am going to purchase mirror disk for 11i. How do I know what version to buy for my O/S. There is v1, v2, v3. Thank you
7 REPLIES
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HPUX version

Hi:

MirrorDisk/UX software "versions" apply to each operating system version. You can purchase a license for MirrorDisk/UX as a stand-alone product or as a bundled software item in an Operating Environment (OE). If it is bundled within the OE then it is installed with the OE. Otherwise, there is a copy for installation on the Application DVD.

http://h20338.www2.hp.com/hpux11i/cache/585225-0-0-0-121.html

Regards!

...JRF...
Tingli
Esteemed Contributor

You can buy server with SAS controller, which can mirror your root disk through the controller and no need to have software mirror. This applies to all 11i OS.
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Please check which is your OE.

HP-UX 11i v3 Virtual Server OE (VSE-OE) and HP-UX 11i v3 High Availability OE (HA-OE)contains the software.

You may purchase the lisence ( as an optional software )for all the versions if it is not there.

Regards,
Sooraj

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
alniz
Occasional Contributor

How to I check the version of the O/S i am on.
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

> How to I check the version of the O/S i am on.

# uname -r

Remember that 11.11 is 11iv1; 11.23 is 11iv2; 11.31 is 11iv3 .

Regards!

...JRF...

Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

>>Remember that 11.11 is 11iv1; 11.23 is 11iv2; 11.31 is 11iv3

And if you get something like 11.0, 10.20 or anything else, then you are out of luck because those versions of the HP-UX OS are out of support.
alniz
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for all the great info.