5639 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPVM

UnixT
Frequent Advisor

HPVM

Hi ,

I am configuring hpvm and is there any way to share the file as disk and present to two servers for a cluster setup. If yes , can you help me with the steps
5 REPLIES 5
R.K. #
Honored Contributor

Re: HPVM

Hi..

Did you mean that on vm host you are configuring two guests which will be two nodes of a cluster?

Please clear this..
Don't fix what ain't broke
Tingli
Esteemed Contributor

R.K. #
Honored Contributor

Hi Again,

An important distinction between VM as Serviceguard package and node configurations is that VM as Serviceguard node configurations only support whole disk VM backing stores.

One reason for this restriction is that it is not possible to set timeouts on logical volumes or file systems presented as backing stores to the VM guest, and any errors generated from these types of backing stores are not passed through the virtualization layers from the VM host to VM guest that would allow Serviceguard running in the VM to react to these conditions.

Another reason relates to disk I/O performance and the speed at which I/O requests can be completed prior to a VM node failure, which can affect cluster reformation time.

The storage for the application data presented to the VM guest by the VM host must be whole disks so the logical volume and file system structures on this storage can be accessed by the other nodes in the cluster during a Serviceguard package failover.

See Page 17 :
Storage Considerations:

http://docs.hp.com/en/10560/IntegrityVM_HA_Solutions-SGandVM.pdf
Don't fix what ain't broke
UnixT
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

I am supposed to configure like below..

One NPAR, in that I will have two vm server. In of the VM I will create a file and assign as disk . I want to share this disk to the other node also so that it can be the the shared vg . Is it clears you.

SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi,

"One NPAR, in that I will have two vm server. " -

What you mean by VM server ?

1. If you mean two VM Hosts, it is not possible.

2. The possibility is , 1 Npar - make it as VM host machine , over that you can have two guest.

anyway you wanna have serviceguard with IVM,

go for this

http://docs.hp.com/en/T2767-90141/ch11.html

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie