108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HSZ70 solutions software kit Part No. for TRU64 UNIX V5.1B

SOLVED
Go to solution
Learn_1
Regular Advisor

HSZ70 solutions software kit Part No. for TRU64 UNIX V5.1B

Presently we are using RA7000 with Alpha Server 4100 running OpenVMS 6.2.Now we are planning to install TRU64UNIX V5.1B on this server.I can not find The HSZ70 software solution s software Kit part No for Tru64UNIX as this will be needed for RA7000(For VMS Part No is QB-5SBAC-SA).Can anybody forward me this Part NO or exact site address we this part number is mentioned.I have serached storage site but the site that should have this part number is no more valid.
7 REPLIES 7
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

From the 5.1B documentation:
The HSZ70 is supported with Version 5.1B. The controller driver software is included on the kit, and the Version 5.1B documentation includes troubleshooting information for the HSZ70.

you need HSOF V7.7a:
the platform kit part number is QB-5SBAC-SA
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Learn_1
Regular Advisor

Thanks Ralf,
As usual your solutions help us to resolve issues accordingly.
I just want to know how to check HSOF version of HSZ70.please describe in detail
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor
Solution

use hszterm and do "show this".
John Gormley

I'm really confused, I have just read the 5.1B Release notes prior to reading this forum and page 2-5 section 2.3.1.2 states "support for the HSZ70 storage array controller is retired in this release of the operating system"!
So, is it in or out?
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

No this statement is incorrect, there is an update information regarding the hsz70. The hsz70 is still supported with Tru64 5.1B but with some restrictions (in case of replacing an adaptor there are some hints).
Learn_1
Regular Advisor

HI all,
just connected the stotage with the AS4100.i want to create mirrorsets of the disks installed in this storage.if i add single disk as unit in the storage,the disk is shown on the SRM prompt of the AS4100.but if i create mirrorsets the mirrorsets are not shown on the SRM prompt.The controller (HSZ70)firmware is V73Z-0.as mentioned in your early replies you asked to update firmware version to 7.7a.could this be reason due to which mirrorsets are not shown even on the SRM prompt or is there any other reason.if this is firmware version then where can i find the HSZ70 version7.7a.
i ahve used the following command procedure to create mirrorset.

add mirrorset m1 disk10000 disk20000
init m1.

i have also tried to add by using the cfmenu console but the result is same.
Any suggestion.
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Maybe you forget to define a unit?

> ADD MIRRORSET MIRR1 DISK100 DISK210 DISK320
> INITIALIZE MIRR1
> ADD UNIT D305 MIRR1