cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How add new printer TCP/IP

Ramana.Sv
Frequent Advisor

How add new printer TCP/IP

How add new printer TCP/IP,in my server, HPUX,(step by step).
4 REPLIES
candlejack
Advisor

Re: How add new printer TCP/IP

Check out hppi
"The future starts today, not tomorrow." -Pope John Paul II
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

I am sure if you have assigned points to the answers (more than 200 of them) provided to your previous questions, you would have received more answers.

as others said, /opt/hpnpl/bin/hppi is your solution to add a tcp/ip printer most painlessly. There are other ways of performing this from the command line but since you are in need of step-by-step instructions, those will confuse you even more. Just use hppi and follow the menus.

It depends on the printer, the network print server connected to the printer, and the features of both the printer and the network print server.

If this is a LaserJet with a built-in JetDirect card, then HPPI is the way to go. If this is some other brand of printer and/or it's being connected to the system via some non-HP print server, then you'll want to look at the functionality provided by the print server. If the print server can understand the LPR aka RLP protocol, then you can configure it as a remote printer (**NOT** a "Network printer").

As I said, the answer to your queries (how many threads are you going to open on this issue?) will depend on information you've not yet provided. And, even if you do, there's no guarantee that anyone will have encountered the specific combination of printer and print server you're using.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

HP-Server-Literate since 1979