108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How can I use printrex 820 in hp-unix

SOLVED
Go to solution
cys691018
Advisor

How can I use printrex 820 in hp-unix

I have a thermal ploter(printrex 820) connected with hp jetdirect 500x. I can't use it in hp-unix .
Please help me,how can i get/make device driver or device files ? how can i configure it with hp-unix?
3 REPLIES 3
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How can I use printrex 820 in hp-unix

You need to install the jetadmin software for HP-UX from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?locale=en_US&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=27349
You install the software using standard swinstall and after that you run the "hppi" tool to create a spooler. For a model type for you printer either you have to use one that is provided with your printer (if it is provided), or you need to use an hp laserjet model that closely matches the features of your printer.

OldSchool
Honored Contributor

looking at printrex's web-site indicates that this is a windows-based printer, and thats the only drivers they have.

CUPS might have been an answer...in looking it up at openprinting, you find the following:

Printer does not support PJL.
Printer supports direct text printing with the `us-ascii' charset

and a note about "writing a GhostScript driver for the two bit mapped modes."

If all you care about is plain-text, you could try the "dumb" printer models. -OR- you might set it up a print server on Windows and use remote printing, although this limits your ability to send "options" via the "lp" command....

I've no idea why you're attempting to use that particular printer but, ultimately, you may need to find something else to use.
cys691018
Advisor

thanks