4696 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How do I transfer a file using FTPS?

Vince Pooley
Advisor

How do I transfer a file using FTPS?

Hi all,
I have been asked to write a script that transfers a file to a FTPS server running on a Windows box. The software on the Windows box is Filezilla Server which only supports FTPS (FTP-SSL), not SFTP which would be preferable.

I've done the usual searching around for a way to transfer a file using FTPS on HPUX but I can't find a way. Any helpers?

Cheers
10 REPLIES 10
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Re: How do I transfer a file using FTPS?

Here's the attachment and the link:

http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/ftps/pdfs/SecureFTP_Automation.pdf
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Vince Pooley
Advisor

Thanks for the quick reply, however the link describes performing SFTP transfers under *nix and FTPS transfers under Windows. I'm trying to find out how to do FTPS tranfers on HP-UX.

Does it require additional software or does something like scp support FTPS/FTP-SSL?
Tingli
Esteemed Contributor

Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

scp is readily available on an hpux system with ssh installed. If your filezilla server is out there waiting for requests, why don't you just try uploading or downloading a small file and see if it is working.

Advice to you: do not overanalyze. Sometimes the best solution is the most trivial one :)

cheers.

I think Mel is right. It is much easier to install scp to Windows than ftps to hp-ux. For example, WinSCP is available to do the job.
Vince Pooley
Advisor

Cheers folks,

WinSCP is scp for Windows, it isn't a listener service/server such as SSHd/FTPd.
Also the ITRC link points to a solution for running a FTPS server on HP-UX using ProFTPd, not transferring to a remote FTPS server from HP-UX.
I have already tried existing tools and their manuals for a solution with no success.

Also if I administered the FTP server I wouldn't have this problem as it wouldn't be running Windows at all, therefore I still have this problem.

So is there anyone out there that has successfully transferred files to/from an FTPS server under HP-UX?
Tingli
Esteemed Contributor

In jscape.com, there is an ftps client for unix system. You can take a look there.
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried to build the FileZilla
client on HP-UX?

http://filezilla-project.org/

They seem to claim that it works on Linux,
and I'd guess that it'd be compatible with
a FileZilla server.

A Google search for
ftps client
finds many things.
David Nixon
Valued Contributor

R.e. experiences with an Ftps server under HP-UX:

I have deployed 'vsftpd' under HP-UX 11.11, with the following Linux and Windows clients:

lftp(1), GFTP(1), CoreFTP Lite

It works well. Possibly 'wuftpd' is also
worth looking at in this regard these days.