1748287 Members
3153 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How do mount a LSM volume

Sakui
Frequent Advisor

How do mount a LSM volume

i want to know the exact command to mount a LSM volume in True64 5.1b.I have four disk one with OS and the other three i will like to create a LSM volume. How do i mount to a mount point.
4 REPLIES 4
Manish PATHAK_2
Regular Advisor

Re: How do mount a LSM volume

Hi,

Can you please confirm whether this is a duplex system or simplex and you want to configure the disks in local domain or shared domain.

Regards
Manish
Sakui
Frequent Advisor

I believe the system is duplex. I will like to know the both ways. The domain and share
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

LSM is a logical storage subsystem. You cannot mount storage directly. You need to create a file system that uses this storage and then mount that file system.

If you want UFS, use 'newfs' command. For AdvFS, use 'mkfdmn'. Check the respective manpages for more info.
Manish PATHAK_2
Regular Advisor

Hi Sakai,

Duplex means there will be two serverin the RCK and also one shared disk array in which your harddisks will be there...For this you need to create one shared domain then shared volumes and add the disks in this and mount them at some common cluster mount point.

If all the 4 harddisk in the server itself then you can configure them as local disk.I believe this is the scenario in your case.

Here you need to create one local doamin then local volumes and add the disks in that montpoint can be any directory in your server with proper user permission and rights.

please run the following command and post me the output:

hwmgr -scan scsi
hwmgr -v devices

Regards
Manish Pathak