5945 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How install codeword for HPaC++ compiler EVAL version

Taoufik Grira
Occasional Advisor

How install codeword for HPaC++ compiler EVAL version

Hi,

few months ago I have downloaded B9007AAEVAL bundle depot as trial version of HP compiler and it worked fine; Now I have purchased a codeword and I want to pass to permanent product.
Should I install the bundle again (full version) or just I need to activate the codeword in my OS (HP-UX 11.31); What is the correct procedure?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Taoufik Grira
System & Storage Engineer,
4 REPLIES 4
TTr
Honored Contributor

I don't know about this specific product but other products I have dealt with, you need to install the licensed version of the product form the source media using the codewords.

If you notice this product has "EVAL" at the end of its name, the licensed product is probably B9007AA. The two are different packages within swinstall.

Ypu probably don't need to swremove the eval package, the licensed product probably has pre-install scripts that check and remove it for you. If you want to be safe, remove the eval product yourself.
Taoufik Grira
Occasional Advisor

Hi TTr,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The install of the full package from the media using codeword has failed due to previousely EVAL installed package, telling that the same version is already istalled.
What should I do in this case. In case I force remover and install new pack will this impact developper already implemented code.

Best Regards,
System & Storage Engineer
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

swremove the trial version and then install the full version.

Regards,
Robert-Jan
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Should I install the bundle again (full version)

As Robert-Jan said, you must remove the EVAL version and install the real version.

>will this impact developer already implemented code.

No. But you should install the latest patches and recompile everything. For Integrity it is A.06.23, PHSS_39824.

>TTr: the licensed product probably has preinstall scripts that check and remove it for you.

There is no checking since both scripts are the same.