Operating System - HP-UX
1753913 Members
8935 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

How to actualize the function of automatically update¬ify device running status under SFM mode !

liuyl
Occasional Contributor

How to actualize the function of automatically update¬ify device running status under SFM mode !

OS Platform: HP-UX B.11.31 EOE
Stand Bundle Patch: 0809
SFM ver: C.03.00.06
EMS ver: A.04.20.31
STM ver: B.11.31.03.06

As known , within the HP-UX 11i v1, the EMS system can actualize the function of automatically update&notify devices running status such as after being repaired or taken up under EMS mode as default. But since the HP-UX 11i v2 March 2008 release, SFM is the default monitoring mode, that means it can only alert&notify the event when some device failed or down, but cannot automatically update&notify the device running status after being repaired or taken up!
Now in order to analyze the problem, I have read both the《Online Diagnostics Admin Guide 》and《SFM Admin Guide HP-UX 11i v3 》。 Then I find some points need to be confirmed and understood:
1. The 《Online Diagnostics Admin Guide 》P49-58 indeed talks about the PSM working mechanism with EMS; and also I have specially compared the corresponding psmcfg files beween HP-UX 11i v1 and HP-UX 11i v3 that they are all under the same directory /var/stm/config/tools/m onitor as default. These psmcfg files’ content are no difference。Thus I think whether this problem should be interrelated with the current SFM so that those psmcfg files that may normally work only under EMS mode cannot take effect under SFM mode. It's so regretful that I have no chance to test it and confirm my above inference Because my system hosts have been put into online production ! ( Originally I planed to test the PS AC input lose & recovery action via sfmconfig –w –e within HP-UX 11i v3 )

2. If the above test & inference is tenable, thus whether these psmcfg files can really only take effect under EMS mode !? Is there any other way to take these psmcfg file work or to achieve the same EMS automatically update&notify effect under SFM mode?
Notes: there is nothing talked about PSM at the book of《SFM Admin Guide HP-UX 11i v3 》

3. In all conscience, if the above test & inference is wrong, thus whether should it make out that neither the EMS default mode in HP-UX 11i v1 nor the SFM mode in HP-UX 11i v3 uses these psmcfg files ? And also what ever configuration methods or files the EMS mode in HP-UX 11i v1 use to actualize the function of automatically update&notify devices after being repaired or taken up . This should or might be helpful to resolve the problem under SFM mode !
2 REPLIES 2
liuyl
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to actualize the function of automatically update¬ify device running status under SFM mode !

Is there anyone who can help me this problem!?
liuyl
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to actualize the function of automatically update¬ify device running status under SFM mode !

Is there still no one can help me for this
question !?