Operating System - HP-UX
1751765 Members
4602 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to configure Surecom EP-930 print server as a remote printer in HP-UX 11i V2

Shrijal Dave

How to configure Surecom EP-930 print server as a remote printer in HP-UX 11i V2

I'm having Surecom EP-930 print server connected in my network and having a network IP. Now how can I configure this print server as a remote printer on rx6600 having HP-UX 11i V2. I have tried SAM and added all the details, also added to my /etc/hosts. But when I try to print something like lp -dLP1 xx.txt, the printer status changes to "Enabled To Print : no". When I try to see the lpsat, it shows "LP1 is down" and "destination PR6 on 10.1.1.11 non-existance or not accepting request".
What is the solution to this problem ? What does this message says ?
Kindly help me to setup this print server.
2 REPLIES 2
Viktor Balogh
Honored Contributor

Re: How to configure Surecom EP-930 print server as a remote printer in HP-UX 11i V2

try enabling the lp server and set it to accept incoming requests. Read the following man pages:

# man 1m enable
# man 1m accept

Unix operates with beer.
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

Re: How to configure Surecom EP-930 print server as a remote printer in HP-UX 11i V2

"I have tried SAM and added all the details, also added to my /etc/hosts. "

perhaps explaining exactly what you added, and how would be of use.

I can't locate information on "Surecom ep 930"...so just guessing that you would have to have an entry for the print server in /etc/hosts, and then setup a remote printer (not network printer) that prints to a queue on the surecom. what that queue name would be, i've no idea.