Operating System - HP-UX
1752590 Members
3823 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to find the source of the mounted (127.0.0.1:/CDM_DRIVES) directory in hpux.

SOLVED
Go to solution
senthil_kumar_1
Super Advisor

How to find the source of the mounted (127.0.0.1:/CDM_DRIVES) directory in hpux.

Hi

I am using HP-UX 11.00. I can see some mount point thru "bdf" command. but it is not available actually.

I have explored following things.

root@lgapps:/ > bdf
127.0.0.1:/CDM_DRIVES 2048000 1024000 1024000 50% /ctxmnt

root@lgapps:/ > cd /ctxmnt/
root@lgapps:/ctxmnt > ll
total 0

root@lgapps:/ > ll -d CDM*
CDM* not found

root@lgapps:/ > mount | grep -i CDM_DRIVES
/ctxmnt on 127.0.0.1:/CDM_DRIVES nosuid,noac,acregmin=0,acregmax=0,acdirmin=0,acdirmax=0,NFSv3 on Wed Nov 12 22:55:00 2008

root@lgapps:/ > more /etc/exports | grep -i CMD_DRIVES

My questions:

is "/CDM_DRIVES" available in local system?

then why i am not able to cd into that directory "/CDM_DRIVES"?

how to find this?

I checked auto.direct file also. there is no entry for this.

Pls explain me

8 REPLIES 8
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: How to find the source of the mounted (127.0.0.1:/CDM_DRIVES) directory in hpux.

>> then why i am not able to cd into that directory "/CDM_DRIVES"?

But you are able to cd into it:

"root@lgapps:/ > cd /ctxmnt/
root@lgapps:/ctxmnt > ll
total 0"

It's there - it's just empty.

Pete

Pete
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

more /etc/exports | grep -i CMD_DRIVES

is this a typo ? CMD instead of CDM ?

It sounds like someone did a funky CD-ROM mounting and serving it as an NFS mountpoint ? If you correct the command line above, you should be able to see the reference to this NFS share in your exports file. If not, someone might have taken it out after they did what they needed to do.

This configuration does not really make any sense on this node only. Of course if you need to serve the /CDM_DRIVES to other servers, it is another story.

Hi

Post your bdf output as well as /etc/fstab output.

Regards
Sunny
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

Are you by any chance running CITRIX Metaframe in conjunction with this server. This naming convention reminded me something and I did a google search. See these pages please:

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX103574

http://www.tokeshi.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=16&Itemid=81&limit=9&limitstart=27

Hi All,

1)root@lgapps:/root > bdf | grep -i CDM_DRIVES
127.0.0.1:/CDM_DRIVES
2048000 1024000 1024000 50% /ctxmnt

2)root@lgapps:/root > more /etc/auto_ad002223 | grep -i CDM_DRIVES

no output

3)root@lgapps:/root > more /etc/exports | grep -i CDM_DRIVES

no output

4)root@lgapps:/root > more /etc/fstab | grep -i CDM_DRIVES

no output

Now i have to restart the server.

I think this mount point will be not available after rebooting the server.

does this lead to any problem?

or

how to get the same mount point again.?

pls explain me.
senthil_kumar_1
Super Advisor

Hi Mel Burslan,

yeah, the links giveb by you is matching my output.

Pls explain me the purpose of that mount point.
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you have checked the links I have provided above, you would have seen how this worked. It is not something that you, as the sysadmin, manually do. It basically is a mount point that CITRIX application handles for you. If you are not running Citrix connecting to this server, more than likely, they will not return and you will not need them. If they are needed, it means Citrix is running and that software will be creating them again without you having to do anything.

Senthil, It is not a recent experience of mine. Just a hunch made me look for this CDM_ string in google. I had a network of windows and unix servers at one time which I did not help setup pbut citrix was running on that network and it has some unix clients. WHen a citrix application wants to access unix server, the data exchange between the client and the unix server is handled thru this mount point. I am not exactly sure how. But other than that, it has no use. When citrix is not in use, there is no reason for this NFS moount to be there