Operating System - HP-UX
1753259 Members
5222 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

How to get complete storage information including RAID level and mirroring at harwdare level

Vinod Udapudi
Occasional Advisor

How to get complete storage information including RAID level and mirroring at harwdare level

Hi All,

I have a requirement to capture all the storage information like no of disks, any mirroring in OS or any mirrosing in hardware , any RAID etc etc.

we have in total of 9 to 12 servers and each environment has different storage model.

Example

• HP SmartArray 64xx
  • SCSI Ultra320 A6961-60011
  • HP Tachyon XL2 Fibre Channel Mass Storage

So is there any single utility which can give all the basic and advanced details for all the storage?

if not which is the best method to get complete storage information from OS ( HPUX 11.31 ).

I have used cfg2html from OS and it gave most of the information from OS level. but if I want to verify is is there any disk which is mirrored at hardware level or any RAID has been configured. So please help me with one of the best approach in this case.

All the servers are IA and running with HPUX 11.31 .

Regards

Vinod

2 REPLIES 2
abir chowdhury
Advisor

Re: How to get complete storage information including RAID level and mirroring at harwdare level

ioscan -fnC disk, the evainfo (EVA) and xpinfo (XP) commands (depending on the storage)can be used to identify luns and multipaths

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: How to get complete storage information including RAID level and mirroring at harwdare level

All the information you need is in the cfg2html listing. The problem is that there dozens of different ways to connect storage, from SCSI to iSCSI to Smart Array controllers in the system to fibre channel, etc. cfg2html has different sections to handle the possibilities. To see if there are software (OS) mirrored lvols, look at the vgdisplay -v information. For hardware mirroring, your storage administrator will need to define LUN mirroring based on the type of array(s) that are connected. For the Smart Array, look at the Smart Array section in cfg2html.

To create a summary report will require a lot of hand work or scripting to extract the required details.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin