108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to install HP PSP for Linux

SOLVED
Go to solution
Yayat
Frequent Advisor

How to install HP PSP for Linux

I am newbie to linux, I want to deploy system management on my ML350 G5. I Installed CentOS 5 on that server. Then I run the PSP intalller from smart start CD. Unfortunately I got some error messages that I attached to this post.

Please somebody help me to make this work fine.
Thank you in advance.

Yayat
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to install HP PSP for Linux

PSP is not detecting the required directory as your kernel version is newer than the searched by the installer script:

>>> Please install the RPM package for the 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5 kernel source code

You should install kernel-devel and kernel-headers for the 1.6.18-53.1.14.el5 kernel, or try installing the 2.6.18-53.1.19.el5 kernel package.

Your problem is that you have a kernel version installed, and different kernel devel versions (kernel .14 and devel .19). Ensure you match both of them.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Colin Topliss
Esteemed Contributor

The PSP only supports certain releases - and I think you'll find if you look in the install script, CENTOS isn't one of them.

I'm intrigued by this bit in your posting:

[root@devel linux]# cat /etc/redhat-release

CentOS release 5 (Final)

[root@devel linux]# cat /etc/redhat-release

Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 5

Assuming this is the same machine, did you try and fool the PSP into installing by changing the contents of /etc/redhat-release?

Although CENTOS is *based* on RedHat, maybe it's different enough to cause the PSP install script to not work as expected?

Just a thought.....
Yayat
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for the magic reply. Your suggestion absolutely work. I chosen to replace my devel and headers package to 2.6.18-53.14.el5.rpm. And so far everything work fine. HURRAY....You seem very experienced in this chapter.

Hi Colin,

I think we should have "INTRIGUE" mind to work in open platform like LINUX. I learn it in linux's forums, how they solve their problem. Even I was newbie to Linux, but I always find what I should do to solve my Linux in any forum. BTW I appreciate you to willing to reply the post.

Thank you all.
Yayat
Frequent Advisor

The solution is to make kernel and devel package in the same version and dont forget to modify /etc/redhat-release. CentOS is a clone of redhat comercial distro.