6123 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to install HP-Ux 11 without CD Rom

suju
Advisor

How to install HP-Ux 11 without CD Rom

Hi,
I do have a 712/80 model Hp workstation, and I want to install HP-Ux 11 on it, though I can arrange OS media, But my system dosent have the scsi CDROM, So how can I install the OS ?
I can use network, as other windows based PCs are there also I have a Tape drive conected to the system.
and the second questin is that is there any issue of 32 bit or 64 Bit during OS installation
Thanks in advance...
4 REPLIES 4
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

suju,

You might want to use ignite to install a copy of the OS in your system, just search for ignite-ux in docs.hp.com or in this site and you are going to find plenty of information on it.

Regards,

Jaime
Work hard when the need comes out.
suju
Advisor

For using Ignite I dont have the copy on Tape.
I have mentioned Tape drive in the question because I want to know whether is there any method to copy te OS media on Tape from CDrom
thanks
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

I don't believe your workstation can take 64 bit OS.

If you do not have a CD ROM attached to your workstation, you have to have the install media on tape (if you have a tape drive attached to the workstation) In order to boot from tape, you have to have a bootable tape, and if you do not have any other hpux machines, you may not have this option. There is no way to create a bootable hpux tape on any other system (like windows or linux).

Ask around and see if anyone with a similar worksstation can create you a recovery tape, using make_tape_recovery command on their running workstation.

Is this is machine you are setting up at home to learn hpux or you have other machines next to this one, already running hpux operating system ? It is very hard to understand your situation.

according to openpa, it may run 11.0, but might be slow.... see the link:

http://www.openpa.net/systems/hp-9000_712.html

I'd think that you might have issues w/ insufficient memory, as well as lack of disk space. see the requirements / recommendations here:

http://www.openpa.net/hp-ux_unix.html#hpux11

is it worth it????