1751771 Members
4486 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to install an application server on Mc/Service Guard Ext for SAP R3

MBAS

How to install an application server on Mc/Service Guard Ext for SAP R3

Hello

I have a one package configuration Mc/Service Guard Ext for SAP R3 installed. We have rx7620 Machine on Main node and rx 4640 on adaptive node.When package run on main node one application server on adaptive node also run simultaneously. when we shift package from main
node to adaptive node the application serve goes down and start dbci on adaptive nod.
Now we have upgraded our hardware on rx4640 and want to make adaptive node as permanent and main node as adaptive. Secondly we want to install an application server on rx7620 current main node. please help
3 REPLIES 3
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

Re: How to install an application server on Mc/Service Guard Ext for SAP R3

Well due to the desings of the SAP cluster config and what you presently have you need to consult the SGeSAP Admin and config guide.

you can have the link as

http://docs.hp.com/en/B7885-90013/B7885-90013.pdf

regards
sujit
MBAS

Dear i have read the manual. one thing i want to ask if my main node goes down and package shift to adaptive node. mean while my main node repairs but i can not move package from adaptive node to main node due to critical work process are running. is it possible that i may start an application server on main node while my package still run on adaptive node
Jozef_Novak
Respected Contributor

Hello,

if the application server package is not configured to switch over to the main node, then you won't be able to start this instance on the main node when it gets repaired. However, you can install another application server instance on the main node that does not need to be a part of the cluster and start this one manually when the need for it arises.

J.