1748204 Members
3000 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to reset the MP password on rx2800 :-(

Lee Hallin
Advisor

How to reset the MP password on rx2800 :-(

I configured 3 servers with [in theory] conventions for login and passwords.  Now, 5 months later, I can get into 2 of the 3 just fine.  The third one I can't.  I have tried for 2 days to guess what typos I could have made but nothing gets me in.

OS version is 11.31.  Server is a rx2800 i2.

I can ssh into the server with no problem.  It's getting into the MP I'm having trouble with.

Sooo, I guess I need to do a master password reset for the MP. 

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Locate the iLO3 Physical Presence button at the rear of the system. 

"The iLO 3 physical presence pinhole button is located behind the sheet metal grill
and the circular punch-out in the rear panel. "

Press and hold this button for more than 8 seconds, but less than 12 seconds (sheesh).  For the next 15 minutes you can then access the iLO without being challenged for a password.

This is all according the manual, and I dont have this model, so I cannot confirm it for you.

-----------------------------------------

From the User's Service Guide:

тАв A momentary press of the button resets iLO, clears any security override or TPM physical
presence mode that were initiated by this button, and returns the serial port to iLO mode.

тАв A greater than 4-second and less than 8-second press of the button places the system in
physical presence mode for up to 15 minutes.

тАв A greater than 8-second and less than 12-second press of this button places iLO into
security override mode for up to 15 minutes. Security override mode enables you to enter
iLO without being challenged for a password enabling you to set up users.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Lee Hallin
Advisor

Thank you Bob. I will file this away for futures :-) I finally was able to "guess" what userid I had entered previously. I used iLO on this server previously and (seemed like a good idea at the time ;-) changed the user ID!
Again, thank you very much for your very complete response..Lee