Operating System - Tru64 Unix
1752774 Members
4875 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to verify file domain on Tru64 5.1B?

ericfjchen
Regular Advisor

How to verify file domain on Tru64 5.1B?

When executing "df -k",the command hung and still can't finish. Can we verify some specific file domain? How to do it?

Thanks

Eric
7 REPLIES 7
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

You can use 'verify' command on an AdvFS domain...also, 'fixfdmn' for correcting any domain problems. I would recommend that you read the manpage to get clear understanding of these commands.
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

Eric,

"df -k"-hanging does not necessarily mean there is a AdvFS filedomain problem, it can also mean that there is a NFS 'hard' mountpoint for which the NFSserver is not responding.

Rgds,
__ Johan.

_JB_
Paul_504
Frequent Advisor

Eric, hi

I agree with Johan's statement above, as I've had my "df -k" command hang too sometime ago. I would try stopping and starting the nfs daemon:

/sbin/init.d/nfs stop
/sbin/init.d/nfs start

Also, have a look maybe first at which NFS mountpoints the system is accessing or exporting by using the showmount command with either the -e or -a options.

Hope this helps
Paul
Manish PATHAK_2
Regular Advisor

Eric,

I agree with the paul.

Try checking it with the NFS restart and also check for the listed domain entry in the fstab file and also check for the free space in root domain and the quota limit "if you have enabled on you machine".

If still the problem persist unmount all the mounted domains and then run the "df -k" and then try to mount all the domins one by one.

B'coz this can also happen if any of the domain present on some other disk and if any of the cluster of that is corrupt it will not allow you to check it....

Regards
Manish
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

maybe also time to have a look into the admin guide containing enough explanations about advfs and how to fix it.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Manish PATHAK_2
Regular Advisor

Hi,

You can use the following things to verify it...

First try to unmount all the file system but it may give the error as it may be in use...

Try to run the quotacheck on all the filesystems and for the UFS you can also try the fsck.

Further export the display to your local machine and then try to run the command dtadvfs and check the exact status of advfs file systems.If any inconsistency finds try to reapir it.

If the problem persist please attach the logs and/or snapshot with the reply..

Cheers
Manish
Sid Shorter_2
Advisor

run df -n and this will elinate nfs mounts and your df should work.