Operating System - Linux
1752569 Members
5234 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hp ML150 Gen 1 Raid 5 installed 2 x 36.4GB drives and need to increase c: primary partition

Mark de Pinna
Occasional Contributor

Hp ML150 Gen 1 Raid 5 installed 2 x 36.4GB drives and need to increase c: primary partition

I have installed 2 x 36.4GB Hot Plug SCSI drives into Raid 5 array using the Adaptec Storage manager. All looks fine I can see the Array now has 5 x drives all in Raid 5. When I go to Windows Server 2003, Server management, Disk Management, I get:
1 x disk 0 Basic 135.67GB Online
(c:)with 67.83GB NTFS Healthy (System) and 67.84GB Unallocated.
Question:
Can I allocate the unallocated 64.84GB to C:?
The only option that I have when right click on Unallocated 64.84GB is New Partition. When I go through the wizard it asks whether I want a Primary or Extended Partition. I don't know what to do at this point as the server has all of the data on the C: drive which was originally 3 x drives and is full. All I want to do is increase the size of the C: drive, can anyone help.
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

Re: Hp ML150 Gen 1 Raid 5 installed 2 x 36.4GB drives and need to increase c: primary partition

> [...] Windows Server 2003 [...]

Perhaps a Microsoft forum would be a wiser
strategic choice than this Linux forum for a
question like this.

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/familyhome.do?familyId=116
Mark de Pinna
Occasional Contributor

I'm so sorry, did not realise I was on a Linux forum. Thankyou for your help I have now sent the message to a Microsoft Server 2003 Forum.