1752272 Members
5522 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Hp-snmp-agents and hp-health for debian 6

techux
Occasional Advisor

Hp-snmp-agents and hp-health for debian 6

Hi guys. few days ago I downloaded these packages for RHEL , now I would like to install them and maybe SPP in some debian servers for monitoring them with snmp...

are those packages available for debian?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

You should be aware that only RHEL and SLES are "supported" on Proliant hardware by HP. A group of other distributions, including Debian, are "enabled" - meaning that HP offers the essential hardware management tools for them too. But these versions are not as completely tested as the versions for the "supported" Linux distributions, so HP provides them "as is".

You can find the packages for Debian at the Software Delivery Repository:

http://downloads.linux.hp.com/SDR/index.html

Note that the SPP is for the fully supported Linux distributions only. For Debian and other "enabled" distributions, the nearest equivalent is the Management Component Pack (MCP).

You can register the SDR as a Debian-style repository, so you'll be able to use the standard package management tools to keep the MCP up to date. (You can do the same with yum for RHEL and SPP too.) You'll find the instructions using the "Getting Started" link on the front page of the SDR.

MK
techux
Occasional Advisor

great. thank you for the information..

I installed hp-healts and hp-snmp-agents on debian 6.. I can monitor almost everything except the disks/raid... I would search about it..

thanks

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

The standard Debian distribution includes several tools that can monitor SmartArray hardware RAID controllers.

My Debian test system is already migrated to Debian 7, but I think the package names are still mostly the same. Look for packages "array-info", "cciss-vol-status" and/or "cpqarrayd" - I think at least two of them existed in Debian 6 too.

MK