New Discussion юеВ

Hp ux doesn't want to run ?!!!!

SOLVED
Go to solution
midoone103
Advisor

Hp ux doesn't want to run ?!!!!

Hi everybody

I am using Hp ux 11.11, i don't know what happend but it doesn't want to run, only i get message into monitor " Remote Mode " if any one could help me to solve this prb, i ll be appreciate.

Thnks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Hp ux doesn't want to run ?!!!!

What type of computer do you have?
Is there a "*" in the Remote Mode softkey label?
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

Do you have MP / ILO facility on your server to get system logs and dig into root cause of problem by issuing there cl (chasis) logs..?
Do you have a good known ignite backup .?
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Remote Mode is the softkey label on a standard HP terminal (700/9x or similar). This is softkey F5 and if you do NOT see an asterisk (*) after the word Mode, then the terminal is offline. Press F5 so the * is displayed and the terminal will now be connected to your server.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
midoone103
Advisor

I am under rp2470, i ve tried with MP no result still the same message i can't manage or even take hand to do anything, i think that / var is full for that reason Server can't run, plz if anyone could help me.
midoone103
Advisor

thnks Bill Hassell, i ve tried too with all sofkey no result, only thing that i can do is to write in the black screen. plz i need help the server is down now.
Shibin_2
Honored Contributor

Don't you have other options to access server and MP, like via telnet ?
Regards
Shibin
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you're on a terminal connected to the serial console port, try pressing Control-B (after you've followed Bill's advice). The GSP should then answer to you even if the OS is hung.

If you can get to the GSP> prompt, the command HE LI(for HElp LIst) will list all the available commands.

The VFP command will display the state of the system LEDs. It will also ask if you want to activate "live mode VFP". If you answer Y, it should start printing four-character hex codes on the display until you exit the display. If one of the hex codes is something like FxxF (where x can be any number), the OS is still alive and just cannot respond on the console for some reason. Other codes might indicate the system is crashing/has crashed.

If the VFP indicates the system is down, return to the GSP> prompt and use SL to view the hardware error log. Note that the hardware error log uses UTC timestamps.

If the operating system is still running (you get FxxF codes in VFP Live mode), but you cannot wait to see if it eventually recovers on its own, you can use the TC command in the GSP> prompt to TOC (crash & reboot) the system. It will cause the system to create a crash dump, which can be analyzed to see what caused the system to become unresponsive.

Initially, the crash dump will be written to the swap partition by default; when the system reboots, the crash dump will be compressed and moved to /var/adm/crash before the swap is activated again.

MK
MK
midoone103
Advisor

Well thnks Matti Kurkela i follow what you say, i'll reply u.