6295 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hp9000 server (UPUX 11)

Ramana.Sv
Frequent Advisor

Hp9000 server (UPUX 11)

HI,
I am configuring Printer in Hp9000 server, when i use this command i got this output printer state is Disable please help me any one..

#showlpdev
Spool Printer
Printer Name Queue State Fence Comments
-------------- ----- ----------- ----- ------------------------------------
HPlaserjet Open Spooler Out 0
formslp Open Disabled 7 Stopped: Until lpreal is set up
lp Open Disabled 7 Stopped: Until lpreal is set up
lpreal Open Disabled 0 Stopped: No actual ptr config'ed
4 REPLIES 4

what is this "showlpdev" command? Never come across it before (and I doubt its a standard command as even google has never heard of it!)

anyway assuming its some local script someone has written and that you are using the standard HPUX print spooler, then "enable " should enable a disabled queue, but your command seems to indicate that this can't happen until the printer queue lpreal is configured.

SO I'd start by doing "which showlpdev" to identify where that command lives, then a "what showlpdev" to determine if its a command or a script. If its a script see if the author is identified in there.

As this seems to be site specific, I'm not sure how much help you're going to get on these forums...

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Michael Mike Reaser
Valued Contributor

The "showlpdev" script is the intellectual property of Southeastern Data Cooperative, Inc., of Tucker, Georgia, U.S.A. The print queues "lp" and "lpreal" are integral parts of the same intellectual property produced, sold and supported by Southeastern Data Cooperative, Inc., aka SEDC.

For any inquiries and/or assistance with SEDC's products and property, you should contact SEDC at 01-770-414-4357 (01-770-414-HELP) and/or visit their website at www.sedata.com
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

HP-Server-Literate since 1979
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

i knew all this sounded familiar...

" if you are NOT a customer of SEDC, you should NOT be using this software..."
Michael Mike Reaser
Valued Contributor

OldSchool:> i knew all this sounded familiar...

Yep. Apparently, Ramana's company has obtained a copy of my former employer's software and OS emulation "foundation" - between 2002 and 2006, SEDC moved their entire application suite from HP3000's to HP9000's, and part of that move involved a set of Posix scripts which semi-sorta-emulate MPE-ish commands on HPUX. I was intimately involved with the development of these scripts and commands, so am familiar with many of the behind-the-scenes "sausage making" involved within them.

As with a series of questions from mid-2007, Ramana is again wanting the HP forums to tell him how to use this seemingly-stolen software. The best solution would be for Ramana to contact SEDC (either the US telephone number 770-414-4357 or website http://www.sedata.com should work) for help with how to use and implement SEDC's software, foundation environment, and general itellectual property.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

HP-Server-Literate since 1979