System Administration
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hpux mcsg with erac give unique identifier error with cmgetconf ?

Sammy_2
Super Advisor

Hpux mcsg with erac give unique identifier error with cmgetconf ?

cmgetconf gives errors abt unique identifier.(see below)
When i do cmcheckconf, get same message.
Hp told me to apply PHSS_36898 since the array is in EMC symm. still get it.
it is complaining abt all luns in all vg (3vgs) including the shared rac vg between 2 nodes.

ANy idea ?
I migraated luns from EMC to HDS array but could not change the Cluster lock disk since cmapplyconf or cmcheck will spit out errors below . So dont have cluster lock disk.

#cmgetconf -v escript_prod
Gathering configuration information .
Gathering storage information ..
Found 12 devices on node inbphes5
Found 12 devices on node inbphes6
Analysis of 24 devices should take approximately 3 seconds
0%----10%----20%----30%----40%----50%
Timed out trying to query the following disk(s) on node inbphes5
/dev/dsk/c2t1d0
/dev/dsk/c3t0d0
/dev/dsk/c6t0d2
/dev/dsk/c10t0d2
/dev/dsk/c9t0d1
/dev/dsk/c8t0d1
----60%----70%----80%----90%----100%
Found 3 volume groups on node inbphes5
Found 3 volume groups on node inbphes6
Analysis of 6 volume groups should take approximately 1 seconds
0%----10%----20%----30%----40%----50%----60%----70%----80%----90%----100%
...... Done
Error: Unable to determine a unique identifier for physical volume /dev/dsk/c2t1d0 on node inbphes5. Use pvcreate to give the disk an identifier.
Error: Unable to determine a unique identifier for physical volume /dev/dsk/c3t0d0 on node inbphes5. Use pvcreate to give the disk an identifier.
Error: Unable to determine a unique identifier for physical volume /dev/dsk/c6t0d2 on node inbphes5. Use pvcreate to give the disk an identifier.
Error: Unable to determine a unique identifier for physical volume /dev/dsk/c10t0d2 on node inbphes5. Use pvcreate to give the disk an identifier.
Error: Unable to determine a unique identifier for physical volume /dev/dsk/c9t0d1 on node inbphes5. Use pvcreate to give the disk an identifier.
Error: Unable to determine a unique identifier for physical volume /dev/dsk/c8t0d1 on node inbphes5. Use pvcreate to give the disk an identifier.
Warning: Volume group /dev/ops is configured differently on node inbphes5 than on node inbphes6
Warning: Volume group /dev/ops is configured differently on node inbphes6 than on node inbphes5
Error: Volume group /dev/ops on node inbphes5 does not appear to have a physical volume corresponding to /dev/dsk/c13t0d2 on node inbphes6 (28580186481229022356).
good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgement.
1 REPLY
Frank_W
Frequent Advisor

Re: Hpux mcsg with erac give unique identifier error with cmgetconf ?

Hi,

I had the same strange problem some times ago with a missing lock disk.

I solved it by:
- vgexport the cluster lock vg.
- configuring another FIRST_CLUSTER_LOCK_VG and other FIRST_CLUSTER_LOCK_PV´s in the cmclconf.ascii
- after that cmcheckconf and cmapplyconf worked
- then I could vgimport the old cluster lock vg.

Frank