108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Hylafax

SOLVED
Go to solution
Adam Winebaugh
Regular Advisor

Hylafax

My apoligies first of all to everyone for bothering you. I am an HP-UX SA and jkust had a Red HAT Linux server running hylafax dropped in my lap. I am trying to turn off the hylafax notifications, so that it stops sending the usage reports to me and everyone else? I am not familiar with either hylafax or Linux. HELP!
3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Hylafax

I'm not familiar with RedHat's Hylafax setup specifically, but I've used Hylafax on Linux in the past.

There might be some control variables in /etc/sysconfig/hylafax or some similar file: /etc/sysconfig in RedHat Linux works about the same as /etc/rc.config.d in HP-UX.

Those reports are probably generated by cron jobs: check the sender address. If the "crontab -u -l" reveals nothing, see /etc/cron.daily, /etc/cron.weekly and /etc/cron.monthly for RedHat-package-specific reporting scripts. The cron daemon runs all the scripts it finds in these directories.

The report delivery may be arranged using email aliases: examine /etc/mail/aliases or /etc/aliases (depends on RedHat version). If you change the aliases file, remember to run "newaliases" after making the changes.

MK
MK
Adam Winebaugh
Regular Advisor

Matti,
Thank you the cron.daily is where the report was being generated and I removed the cron entry. Thanks a bunch. I appreciate it!
Adam Winebaugh
Regular Advisor

Thanks again Matti