Operating System - HP-UX
1752815 Members
6051 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: I can't execute ioconfig_dump for clean ioconfig?

SOLVED
Go to solution
frankswf
Visitor

I can't execute ioconfig_dump for clean ioconfig?

hi guys:

I want clean ioconfig for update lan intance ,but I can't execute ioconfig_dump.Who can give me some suggestion? Thanks.

Here is the execution:

client1#[/tmp/hpce]./ioconfig_dump -w -o ioconfig.new
                        ioconfig_dump: wrong input at line 1.  

frank

5 REPLIES 5

ioconfig_dump is an internal HPE tool which generally should only used by customers under instruction from an HPE support person. However it's not uncommon for customers to end up with a copy and use it, regularly becasue it is fairly useful, but its not an "officially supported" part of the OS, so the first question is do you have the correct ioconfig_dump for the OS release and hardware architecture you are on? What's the output of: 

uname -a
what ioconfig_dump

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
frankswf
Visitor

hi:

Here  is ouput:

client1#[/tmp/hpce]uname -a
HP-UX client1 B.11.31 U ia64 2238983359 unlimited-user license
client1#[/tmp/hpce]what ioconfig_dump
ioconfig_dump:
         ioconfig_dump $Revision: 5.15 $  $Date: 2007/12/18 14:16:51 $ bruno_vidal@hp.com
         ioconfig_dump.h $Revision: 5.13 $  $Date: 2007/11/21 14:17:18 $ bruno_vidal@hp.com
         LIBP4: $Revision: 9.302 $ $State: Exp $

Maybe the ioconfig_dump software version is too low?

Thanks!

Solution

That's pretty old! ioconfig_dump was actually deprecated and its functionality moved into another tool called iodebug as long ago as 2012. If you want to make changes based on that, you are best logging a call with the support center, describing what you want to do and asking if they can provide iodebug together with instructions for how to accomplish this. There may also be newer versions of ioconfig_dump that would work as well.

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
frankswf
Visitor

hi duncan:

I got it ,thanks.

I have iodebug software on my host,but I found that the functionality of this software is different from that of ioconfig_dump. So Can you give me some suggestion of iodebug or give me the lastest version ioconfig_dump?

frank

I've never used the tool before - I would have hoped the support center would have given you instructions for use! Anyway, from the little I know, you should be using the -read_ioc and -gen_ioc options to manipulate ioconfig (and ext_ioconfig) file as a replacement for the ioconfig_dump tool.

iodebug -read_ioc help

and

iodebug -gen_ioc help

Should tell you more...

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo