Did you mean: 

ICAP activation

SOLVED
Go to solution
mrmo07
Regular Advisor

ICAP activation

i have rp8420 server.

i have codeword to activate unused one cell board, 64 gb RAM and 4 dual core processor.

how can i activate using codeword???
12 REPLIES
Duncan Edmonstone
Honored Contributor

Re: ICAP activation

Mohammad,

If you have a codeword, you presumably have the email from the iCAP portal which tells you how to apply the codeword.

Anyway,l you simply run "icapmodify -C "

This will make the cell-board available, you can then use the usual parmodify commands to add the cell board to a partition.

HTH

Duncan

HTH

Duncan
mrmo07
Regular Advisor

hi !

thanks. codeword provide me to usages rights. after that how can i activate cellboard, memory, and processor.

for your info.

i need to activate 1 cellboard with 64 gb mem and 2 dual core processor in standalone rp8400 11iv1 server as well as in a cluster environment.

please help me bit details as im new to do it.

Regards/Morshed.

likid0
Honored Contributor
likid0
Honored Contributor
mrmo07
Regular Advisor

hi !

thanks !

this is for cell board. what about the processor and RAM.

i have 4 dual core processor ( before said 2 what was wrong )and 64 gb RAM.

Regards/Morshed.
mrmo07
Regular Advisor

hi!

One thing.there is no npar configured. as i understand default one partition here. now what should i do to activate new component.

Regards/Morshed.
mrmo07
Regular Advisor

this is old nickel. plz check cstm.

Rgds/Morshed.
mrmo07
Regular Advisor

hi ! no npars here ......so what should i do? will only codeword work ?? plz assist me. its really urgent.

Regards/Morshed.
shanmuhanandam
Regular Advisor

Hi,,

As per your nickel o/p, u have partition 0 configured. so once you applied the ICAP lic, then do the parmodify to add the new cell board, then reboot the system with "shutdown -Ry" command.

Thanks,
Shan.
mrmo07
Regular Advisor

Hi,

plz find the attach file. you can see icap status command output and advice what should be my exact parmodify command.

do i need to do anything for processor and RAM or it will activate automatically with cell board. ??

Regards,
Morshed.
shanmuhanandam
Regular Advisor
Solution

Hi,

Run the command "parmodify -p 0 -a 1:base:y:ri". Then you need to reboot the system with "shutdown -Ry 0" command. so it will add the cell board 1 in to the existing Npar. You will be able to access the CPU and memory on the new cell board.

there is no seperate command to activate CPU or memory.

Regds,
shan.
mrmo07
Regular Advisor

thanks all. i have activated icap.

as my cell was already assigned to partition
command was parmodify -p0 -m1::y:ri

Regards,
Morshed.