5162 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IDAutomationocr postscript Fonts install on HP-UX

Patel Alpesh
Occasional Advisor

IDAutomationocr postscript Fonts install on HP-UX

Hi,

I am trying to install postscript fonts on HP-UX. we purchased IDautoamtionocra & ocrb fonts.

I copied
IDautoamtionocra.pfa and IDautoamtionocrb.pfa files to /usr/lib/X11/fonts/type1.st/typefaces directory.
then I ran mkfontdir this didn't add fonts to fonts.dir so i manually added following to fonts.dir

IDAutomationOCRa.pfa -Type1-IDAutomationOCRa-medium-r-normal-0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1
IDAutomationOCRb.pfa -Type1-IDAutomationOCRb-medium-r-normal-0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1

i did xset fp rehash but I can't see fonts when I query using xlsfonts |grep -i mation.

I restarted xfs but still can't query.

can someone please tell me what I am missing?
8 REPLIES 8
Patel Alpesh
Occasional Advisor

catalouge variable in "/etc/X11/fs/config" file

catalogue = /usr/lib/X11/fonts/ms.st,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType/chinese_t.st,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType/chinese_s.st,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType/korean.st,/us
r/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType/japanese.st,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/type1.st,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/hp_roman8/75dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/iso_8859.1/100dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/is
o_8859.1/75dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/iso_8859.15/75dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/hp_kana8/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/hp_japanese/100dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/hp_japanese/75dpi/,
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/hp_korean/75dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/hp_chinese_s/75dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/hp_chinese_t/75dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/iso_8859.2/75dpi/,/usr/lib/
X11/fonts/iso_8859.5/75dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/iso_8859.6/75dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/iso_8859.7/75dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/iso_8859.8/75dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/is
o_8859.9/75dpi/,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/ttfjpn.st,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/ifojpn.st,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,/usr/dt/config/xfonts/C
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

re using mkfontdir .... I *think* you need to use

/usr/sbin/stmkdirs +moc /path_to_my_new_fonts_directory (11.XX) or /usr/sbin/stmkdirs +mocr /path_to_my_new_fonts_directory (10.20)

Patel Alpesh
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Alex,

I did /usr/sbin/stmkdirs +moc /usr/lib/X11/fonts/type1.st/

now there is entry in fonts.dir

IDAutomationOCRa.pfa -unknown-idautomationocra-normal-r-normal-idautomationocra 0-0-0-0-0-m-0-unknown-fontspecific
IDAutomationOCRb.pfa -unknown-idautomationocrb-normal-r-normal-idautomationocrb 0-0-0-0-0-m-0-unknown-fontspecific

then xset fp rehash

I tried xlsfonts |grep -i mation . it returns nothing

I restarted xfs but same .... I can't find idautomation in the list.

Do I have to transfer fonts in lower case or it doesn't matter?

Thanks,
Alpesh
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

The following may help it's for TT fonts and should run after the stmkdirs command

Make note of one of the font names listed in your fonts.dir file:

3of9.ttf -unknown-3 of 9
barcode-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-hp-tdffffffff37fffffe;1,0;3,0
mb001.pfa -unknown-mb001-normal-r-normal-mb001
4565138-0-0-0-0-p-0-unknown-fontspecific

Barcode TrueType fonts do not usually contain the TrueType foundry information in the headers. The /usr/bin/stmkdirs command identifies the type foundry and adds the string "-unknown" to the font description.

Edit this fonts.dir file and change all occurrences of "unknown" to "advancemeants".

Copy the fonts.dir file to a fonts.scale file in the /usr/lib/X11/fonts/barcode directory:

cp /usr/lib/X11/fonts/barcode/fonts.dir /usr/lib/X11/fonts/barcode/fonts.scale

Create a fonts.alias file in the /usr/lib/X11/fonts/barcode directory:

$ /usr/bin/vi /usr/lib/X11/fonts/barcode/fonts.alias

Add the following lines to this new fonts.alias file:

"FILE_NAMES_ALIASES"

This new /usr/lib/X11/fonts/barcode directory should have everything you need to use this TrueType fonts with the font server under HP-UX. Now you need to set-up a font server to provide TrueType fonts to the X11 application running on the X server.

Patel Alpesh
Occasional Advisor

Alex,

Those entries needs to be for true type fonts right?

I am trying to install postscript fonts.

don't mind if i sound too novice but this is first time i am handling hp-ux admin.

Patel Alpesh
Occasional Advisor

Also when I give following command

#fslsfonts -server localhost:7000 |grep -i ocr

it returns

-advancemeants-idautomationocra-normal-r-normal-idautomationocra 0-0-0-0-0-m-0-advancemeants-fontspecific
-advancemeants-idautomationocrb-normal-r-normal-idautomationocrb 0-0-0-0-0-m-0-advancemeants-fontspecific
-unknown-idautomationocra-normal-r-normal-idautomationocra 0-0-0-0-0-m-0-unknown-fontspecific
-unknown-idautomationocrb-normal-r-normal-idautomationocrb 0-0-0-0-0-m-0-unknown-fontspecific

but xlsfonts doesn't return anything.
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

Again I *think* there's no true support for postscript fonts via the Xserver only xfs ...

I'd try the above eg and see what happens ?
Patel Alpesh
Occasional Advisor

Thanks,

I can see the fonts using fslsfonts but its not returning anything when I use xlsfonts. Oracle insists that xlsfonts should display fonts.

Anyways Thanks for help. I tried your eg. but still not getting it.