New Discussion юеВ

IGNITE TAPE

SOLVED
Go to solution
toni osta
Frequent Advisor

IGNITE TAPE

Hi ,

I have RX2660 servers with HPUX 11iv2 , and an MSL6060 Library (with Data Protector) ,
can i create ignite tape for the server using Data Protector ?
if not is there any other method to create ignite tapes for the server ?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Murat SULUHAN
Honored Contributor

Re: IGNITE TAPE

Hi Toni

Ignite-UX and DP is different products. Ignite comes with every HP-UX server and it's free
http://docs.hp.com/en/IUX/index.html

make_tape_recovery command is used for Ignite-UX based backups, for more information please look at ignite-ux site

DP is licensed product and it's used for enterprise backup recovery in HP-UX and also, Solaris, AIX, Linux .....

Best Regards
Murat
Murat Suluhan
toni osta
Frequent Advisor

in my case for exemple i have 6 servers connected through SAN to the MSL Library and they can see 2 drives through ioscan -fnC tape (/dev/rmt/0m & 1m)
in case i want to take ignite copy for these servers , what i should do is manually put a tape on the drive and lunch the make_tape_recovery command ,
but could i make differents images (ignite of 6 servers on onlt one tape , or each tape for one server )
Thank you
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

You need to take Ignite of every server in different tape.

If tape is the concern, then you could go for Ignite Server, where you could take the backup via network of all the servers.

Only you need to have enough disk space on Ignite server to store the images of all the server(Ignite Client)

There is no need of Tape.

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/oshpux11iv2.html#Ignite-UX
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Johnson Punniyalingam
Honored Contributor

>>>but could i make differents images (ignite of 6 servers on onlt one tape , or each tape for one server ) <<<

No its not possible,

You Need to look for Ignite Server setup,

Data Protector - File System level backup,

Hope you understand.

Thx,
Johnson
Problems are common to all, but attitude makes the difference
skt_skt
Honored Contributor
Solution

Ignite server setup is pretty simple.Get the software and let us know if you have any issue during the post installation steps.