Operating System - Linux
1752618 Members
4559 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IS passive mode on or off with this wu-ftpd configure.in statement?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Debbie Fleith
Regular Advisor

IS passive mode on or off with this wu-ftpd configure.in statement?

I need to figure out if our wu-ftpd daemon is configured for active or passive mode. I found this within the configure.in file, but can't decipher is, as I'm not a C programmer.

Can anyone help?

AC_ARG_ENABLE(pasv, [ --disable-pasv don't allow passive mode],
[ pasv=$enableval ], [ pasv=yes ])
3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: IS passive mode on or off with this wu-ftpd configure.in statement?

The configure.in is used by autoconf and is generated when you run ./configure. Unless you have specified --disable-pasv, it will have pasv enabled. As you can see in that file, the value for pasv=yes, that is the default.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Debbie Fleith
Regular Advisor

Is there a way to change the default without re-compiling, i.e. can we add a server argument to /etc/xinetd.d/wu-ftpd?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Don't think "default" as the mode used by the clients. In this case, default means that the feature is enabled "by default". If you disable it, then passive support is removed.

The connection mode is established by the client and "supported" by the server. From the server, you can't "force" a client to start in a specific mode if that is what you want.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?