New Discussion юеВ

Re: Identify internal disk.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ryan Phlip
Advisor

Hi,

Firstly, Sorry for the delay in reply. I work accross platforms and had work on HP-UX boxes.

Hi Vladimir

I am not too strong in Tru64 so do not know how to create entries in advfs domain or to be more specific I do not understand when you say manually create. After that you said to scan which i understand is

#hwmgr scan scsi

Please guide me.

Hi Venkatesh BL,

Yes I have the same question running in my mind. Ans to ur second point, It can be a possibility.
Now I have done some study and want to be sure if these disk are been used for some purpose or are previous Failed disk.

I need to know a work around for this.

Please can you guide me and in the mean while I shall try and find more info and fwd to you all.

Many Thanks Guys,

Ryan Philip
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

I also think it is possible that there was an AdvFS domain created earlier using these disks.
The procedure shoud be:
# mkdir /etc/fdmns/tempdom1
# ln -s /dev/disk/dsk107c /etc/fdmns/tempdom1/dsk107c (create simbolic link to tell which device should this file domain contain)
# showfsets tempdom1 (to see which file sets were created in this domain, it can be more than one file sets, for this example lets say that it contains file set called "fs1")
# mount -t advfs tempdom1#fs1 /mount_point
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
Ryan Phlip
Advisor

Hi,

I am facing another problem. I cannot umount the mount point on that domain. It does not respond. I cannot perform any task on that disk. I am sending the errors.

Regards,
Ryan Philip
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

>root on shenzi> df -k | grep shenzi_collect
shenzi_collect#collect 17782536 472912 10501000 5% /shenzi_collect

Here,
shenzi_collect: AdvFS domain
collect: AdvFS fileset belonging to the domain
/shenzi_collect": Mount point directory for the fileset.

I see that you've passed wrong arguments to many advfs commands.

In any case, if there is an IO error, the kernel would not be able to read and display details from the disk.
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor
Solution

Try
# cfsmgr -U -d shenzi_collect
and post error message
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
Ryan Phlip
Advisor

Vladimir/Venkatesh,

Excellent it worked.

Venkatesh yes I had in last month understood the concept to the Domain and fileset but when I used the command to umount and remove but it gave errors and I was a bit confussed.

Yes, you were right and Thanks a lot.

Many Thanks,
Ryan Philip
Ryan Phlip
Advisor

Hi Guys,

I have finished the task and used dsk107c.
Thanks to all.

I have reset the failed disk to see if it can be used. I need to know if I need to format this disk and how do i do it.

Many thanks to all.

Ryan Philp
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

No need to do any formatting as such. When you use the 'mkfdmn' command, AdvFS will setup the disk accordingly. You may want to 'zero-out' the disk contents if you have security concerns.
Ryan Phlip
Advisor

Thanks To All