Operating System - HP-UX
1753267 Members
5295 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Identify the number of concurrent user license for HP-APA product!!

SOLVED
Go to solution
astra
Frequent Advisor

Identify the number of concurrent user license for HP-APA product!!

Hello,

How can i identify the number of license available for HP-APA? Is there any command available?

Thanks,
Amit
6 REPLIES 6
TTr
Honored Contributor

Check with swlist if the APA is installed. The bundle number is J4240AA. Use "swlist |grep -i port" and you will see it if it is installed. If it is installed you can chaeck the files with "swlist -l file J4240AA". There are 4 binaries and a lot of libraries, and localization files.
astra
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

But i want to know that if i have a Application DVD with particular part number, and if i have to install the APA using the same DVD, then on how many servers we can install the APA??? Do we have the license for single server or multiple servers??

Thnaks in advance..

Amit
Wim Rombauts
Honored Contributor

To determine the number of licenses you have : look at your license administration or if your own administration can't find out, ask HP.

Technically, when you have a license key to extract the software from the DVD, you can copy it to a SW-depot on your harddisk and install it as many times as you want. There is no license check uring installation.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Wim: Technically, when you have a license key to extract the software from the DVD, ...

Lawyers may beg to differ with you.
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

> using the same DVD, then on how many servers we can install the APA???

You need to BUY a license of APA for each server you plan to install it. It does not matter if you use the same DVD to install it on more than one servers.
astra
Frequent Advisor

Hello all,

Thanks all of you for your kins support.

keep enjoying,

Amit