New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ignite backup

SOLVED
Go to solution
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Hi,

As all the files are backup up in vg00 if the physical layout of the system is not changed and only physical disk is replaced, the system should be able to activate the VGs by itself.

In some cases allthough we are required to vgimport the VG's. But this is what you will require at the max. to do for getting the datafiles accessible.

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"
Darren Etheridge_2
Super Advisor

Musaddaw,
I use this to ignite all my servers.

make_tape_recovery ├в a /dev/rmt/0mn -I -t "Make recovery of system `uname -n` on `date`" -v -x inc_entire=vg00
Darren Etheridge_2
Super Advisor

the above was supposed to read:

make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/0mn -l
-t "Make recovery of system `uname -n` on `date`" -v -x inc_entire=vg00

When restoring it will give you the name of the system, the date ignite was run and as with almost all ignite backups, restore all of your file and disk structures.

Hope this helps :)

Darren
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

If you are asking if ignite will restore the existing volume group / logical volume configuration, the answer is yes:

"The make_tape_recovery tool captures enough information from the
system so that during a recovery it may reconstruct all visible
aspects of the prior LVM configuration. This includes logical volume
and volume group names, attributes, and even minor number values. The
tool also ensures that the new logical volumes reside on the same
disks within the volume group as they did before."

If you are asking if it will restore the data residing on volume groups (other than vg00) the answer is no.

also note that after igniting the server, disk mirroring (if used) will not be in effect for the recovered vg / lvols
musaddaq_2
Frequent Advisor

Thanx Guys
For your response.
Finally i came to the conclusion is with ignite backup i can recover my /dev/vg00 only. and for rest of my VG's and LV's i have to look for some other backup solution.

Thanx once again
Regards

Musaddaq