Import a map file with a different volume name

SOLVED
Go to solution
GTBank IT
Occasional Contributor

Import a map file with a different volume name

All,
Good day.
I have a rp server with HP -UX 11.2 installed. I also have a volume group with name vgbasis_data1 activated on this server. Due to business requirement , I need to create another instance of oracle on the server that will use the content of a snapclone of a simillar volume group on another server. The task involves 1 . taking the snapclone of vgbasis_data1 on another server. 2. Presentation of the snapclone to the server. 3. ftp the mapfile of vgbasis_data1 from the original server to the destinantion server. The challenge is in importation of the content using vgimport -s -v /tmp/vgbasis_data1.map vgbasis_data1. As this will want to create a volume group with name vgbasis_data1 on the server , but the volume group already exists. How can I import the content but with a different volume group name ie vgbasis_data2. Thanks for your assistance.

1 REPLY 1
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Import a map file with a different volume name

Hi:

> How can I import the content but with a different volume group name ie vgbasis_data2.

# mkdir /dev/vgbasis_data2
# mknod /dev/vgbasis_data2/group c 64 0x0N0000 #...where N is a unique and unused...
# vgimport -m /tmp/vgbasis_data1.map /dev/vgbasis_data2 /dev/dsk/
# vgchange -a y /dev/vgbasis_data2

...and that's basically it.

Regards!

...JRF...