108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Import of clon lun

alymarcor
Advisor

Import of clon lun

Hello everybody,

I have the following question:

I have two rx servers connected to Eva 3000. I already succesfully configured a cluster in them using MCServiceGuard. I made a clon copy (using bussiness copy in EVA) of one lun configured in MCServiceGuard files associated to one volume group. When I present copy lun to rx server and depresent a source lun the volume group isn't function. Is possible to use this new copy of lun with the existing volume group without modify the MCServiceGuard configuration files? I think that is possible using pvlinks and extended volume group in the device files of the new copy lun. I wait for you comments.

Thanks,
alymarcor
6 REPLIES 6
LiPEnS
Valued Contributor

Re: Import of clon lun

Hi
Change the order:
1) depresent a source lun
2) present copy lun on orginal lun number

You don't need change anything

This work

Regards LiPEnS
alymarcor
Advisor

I tried with it, but, function same. The problem persist and I don't know how to use the copy lun with the volume group already configured. Anybody has another idea? The problem is that the new copy lun has a different hardware path and the volume group failed because not found the correct hardware path until I present the correct lun.

Thanks,
alymarcor
Stuart Abramson
Trusted Contributor

Look up the "vgchange" command.
Stuart Abramson
Trusted Contributor

I meant to say "vgchgid" command. Sorry.
Sheriff Andy
Trusted Contributor

Alymarcor,

You can use SSSU (otherwise you can make a copy of a clone thru the command view GUI). Here is a copy of one of our SSSU scripts.

# cat bin/create_RI_fast01
SET OPTIONS NOCOMMAND_DELAY ON_ERROR=EXIT_ON_ERROR
select manager sma1.corp.blah.com username=administrator password=administrator
select cell SAN01
add COPY RIFast01 VDISK="\Virtual Disks\Minga\SCRIfast01\ACTIVE" DISK_GROUP="\Disk Groups\Fast_72GB_Disks" REDUNDANCY="Vraid1" WORLD_WIDE_LUN_NAME=6005-08b4-0010-3e67-0000-4000-0109-0000
add lun 10 VDISK="\Virtual Disks\Minga\RIFast01\ACTIVE" HOST="\Hosts\HP-UX\Minga"
add lun 110 VDISK="\Virtual Disks\Minga\RIFast01\ACTIVE" HOST="\Hosts\HP-UX\Gumby"
show storage
exit

If you have any questions, let me know.

Andy
Sheriff Andy
Trusted Contributor

alymarcor,

I reread your posting. This is something that I have been messing with today.

If you have the good copy of the source lun (while the volume group is not active).

1) Delete source lun.
2) do an add copy of the clone copy to the source lun using the same WWLUNID, and also the same lun number.

If you do a copy back (in esense a copy of a copy) to the source vdisk name, using the same WWLUNID you won't change the device file names. The key is to copy back to the source luns original WWLUNID, and the same source lun number.