1752777 Members
6233 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installation of HP-Ux 11i version 2 on HP rs 2600

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Your systems lists the MP firmware version (very old!), hence there must be a MP!

Try pressing

CTRL B

and ensure you are connected to the MP serial port.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
rick jones
Honored Contributor

If there is confusion about the MP vs other console methods, some of the HW-specific docs on the rx2600 at docs.hp.com should help.

You mention you are proficient in linux - have you successfully installed a linux distro on this system?

It might also be good to make certain all the firmware is up-to-date. That means going to www.hp.com, clicking on software and drivers, giving it "rx2600" for the system and following your nose from there. There should be some "iso" images for firmware updates you can burn to a CD and boot from to get the firmware updated. The "efi" path will require an actually running system :)
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Shahbaz Ali Zafar
Occasional Advisor

Hi Rick,

We tried to update one of our ITANIUM Machine rx 2600, but soon after updating its bios. System stops booting , no message on the screen displays after that. In short we lost our server during this update process.

I feel that tis could be one of the reason for my current issue, But i need to know exactly the process of updating EFI,FIRMWARE etc specifically. Which should be start first and followed by whom...

Which i didn't get til now. Sites are quite big and resourcefull, no doubt in it. But reaching to exact link requires lot of time some times. If you know exact upgrading path of EFI,Firmware, BCM etc then let me know....

Many Thanks

Shahbaz
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The answer is RTFM (release notes) - you need to upgrade the MP firmware step by step from stage to stage:

CAUTION:
If the currently installed firmware is older than E.02.10 then updating to MP firmware revision E.02.26 requires updating to E.02.10 first.
Upgrades to MP firmware revision E.02.29 will require updating to MP firmware revision E.02.26 first.
MP firmware must be at or upgraded to revision E.02.29 or greater prior to upgrading to iLO MP revision E.03.32. "

So the upgrade path is:

E.02.10
E.02.26
E.02.29
E.03.32

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!