5147 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Installing Ignite-UX

Andy Smith_1
Occasional Contributor

Installing Ignite-UX

HP-UX v11.00.

I am installing software from the December 2001 Apps. CD set (5012-0004 et al) and I can't find Ignite. It used to be on the first CD as product B5725AA.

Does anyone know where it is now?! Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Installing Ignite-UX

Hi Andy:

Don't install such an old version! Go here and download the latest version including man pages:

http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/download.html

Regards!

...JRF...
Helen French
Honored Contributor

I remember there were some issues with the older versions of Ignite-UX (Dec 2001, March 2002 etc). HP always recommended to download the latest version from the site. Download it and install the latest to the system. Read the install README file too.
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Yep,

Number 3 Application Software.

Regards

Robert-Jan.
Andy Smith_1
Occasional Contributor

James - Good idea! My internet connection is a bit sluggish, so I was saving download as the last resort, but I suspect you're right. Thanks.

Jan-Robert. I just rechecked CD#3 and it isn't there - perhaps we've got different editions? Thanks anyway.
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Sorry, just found out that the December 2001 application CD set DOES NOT include Ignite-UX!

You may have to download it or order the latest appl. CD set. For confirmation refer this document (TKB #UIUXJF004):
http://support2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000062921948
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Andy Smith_1
Occasional Contributor

Shiju - thanks very much. I think that is pretty conclusive. I'll bite the bullet and download it.

Thanks to everybody who has replied. - Andy