Operating System - HP-UX
1748259 Members
3808 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Installing Online JFS from MCOE Media

SMarer

Installing Online JFS from MCOE Media

I wish to install 11.23 FOE only from the MCOE media and then install Online JFS and Glance separately.

Can I separately install OnlineJFS and Glance from the MCOE installation media?

If so, how? Standard swinstall, point to the media, drill down and select the media?

If not, any way to get around this?

4 REPLIES 4
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Installing Online JFS from MCOE Media

Hi:

What are you trying to accomplish? Why would you have licensed the MCOE environment only to want the FOE and then add back two of the products that are bundled with MCOE?

I don't believe that this is possible.

Regards!

...JRF...
SMarer

Purpose is called creative thinking due to lack of Application Media at the site and short windows of opportunity. We have confirmation that they are licensed for Online JFS and Glance, just not MCOE for the server the customer is wanting hp-ux installed. There is not sufficient time to have the application media shipped and code words generated.
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

If the customer has a support contract and an ITRC id, then the contract can be linked to their id. Then they can use the SUM (Software Update Manager) function of the ITRC web site and download what they need. By doing this, you have the latest versions available and no codewords are needed.
SMarer

Lets assume the customer has no clue, too much turn over...

Is it possible to individually install or select the OnlineJFS/Glance application from the MCOE media onto or along with FOE?